Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting Started In the Blog World

Ok. Ok! I give up. I will risk the possibility of humiliation to venture out into the blog world. Be gentle, readers.

I am very excited to unveil my new website, and this attached blog will be the way I keep you posted about what is new in my audio narration world:

Current projects:
I just finished doing my 3rd Stephen Havill book for Books In Motion. This one was called "Double Prey". It was fun to get a proofing copy of a book yet to be published! I felt very in the know. It was comforting too to find errors in Stephen's fine novel. Good to know we all make mistakes and that the trick is to keep moving forward. It was so much fun to go back to characters I had given voice to in the past. I was nervous I might make too many changes, but actually it seemed to come back to me pretty organically.

I am currently working on "Love in Condition Yellow: A Memoir of an Unlikely Marriage" by Sophia Raday for University Press Audiobooks. What a beautiful book. How do a self professed peace activist/hippy woman and a military/Oakland police force guy end up together? How do they make it work? What have they figured out about what is really important in life and connection with others? All of this is addressed as this beautiful story unfolds. I feel challenge by the responsibility of saying these words out loud. I'm learning a lot. Look for it at UniversityPressAudiobooks.com or Audible.com in the upcoming months.

I am also performing in "The Sweetest Swing in Baseball" at the Mendocino Theater Company. I get to play baseball player Darryll Strawberry--kind of. It is a very challenging, funny play and I am having a great time with it. Come see it if you can. We are running through December 5th.

That's it for me.
Vocally yours,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment